There are currently no available suites in the 60-suite project now under construction. However, Old Grace Housing Co-operative will soon start construction of four three-bedroom townhouses.
The development will be located at the north-west corner of the intersection of Evanson Street and Preston Avenue. It is kitty-corner to the main 60-unit Old Grace Housing Co-operative (built on the site of the original Grace Hospital).
Construction is expected to commence in February 2018 with occupancy in autumn 2018.
Each 1,300-square foot townhouse will have:
- a kitchen, living room, and half bathroom on the ground floor
- three bedrooms, storage, and a full bathroom (bathtub with shower) on the second floor
- front porch and second-floor balcony off the master bedroom
- level rear entrance to each suite
All townhouses are designed so that they can be visited by people in wheelchairs.
Each townhouse will be equipped with an electric stove and refrigerator and will be wired and plumbed so laundry equipment and dishwashers can be installed by residents.
Each townhouse unit also comes with:
- Secure, lockable windows and porch doors
- Triple-glazed, low E argon windows with screens
- Porch and balcony doors with glazed window inserts
- High levels of sound proofing between suites
- Individual suite heating and cooling controls
- Nine-foot ceilings in living room, dining area, and kitchen
- Altima kitchen cabinets with plastic laminate countertops
- Water-saving fixtures and fittings
- Low-volatile organic compound (VOC) finishes, products, and materials
- LED light fixtures
- Sustainable design meeting PowerSmart standards
- Professionally designed landscaping
- Pet-friendly, smoke-free environment
- Access to two Peg City Car Co-op vehicles
- Limited on-site parking
There are three main elements of the costs.
- $50 application fee for membership.
- $28,000 for OGHC Member Shares. (Member Shares are refunded when members leave the co-operative.)
- A monthly occupancy charge of approximately $1,254. The occupancy charge covers the co-op’s mortgage, property taxes, building insurance, utility charges (such as electricity, heat, sewer, and water), administration costs, repairs, maintenance, and reserves.
All four townhouses are reserved for individuals who meet Manitoba Housing income- and household-size criteria.
How to apply for one of these townhouses
The first step is to join Old Grace Housing Co-operative by taking out an initial, refundable, $50 application fee for membership. You can join by filling out this membership application form.
Joining gives you the right to:
- fully participate in all decision-making prior to the opening of the co-op
- apply for a townhouse or any available suite in OGHC’s Phase I project. Click here for townhouse application form.
- take a place on the waiting list for any suites or townshouse units.
Old Grace Housing Co-operative
The townhouses are Phase II of our redevelopment of the former site of the original Grace Hospital. Phase I, a 60-unit housing co-operative is located on the south-east corner of Preston and Evanson. It will be available for occupancy by early 2018. Click here to learn about that project. Click here to learn more about OGHC.
Townhouse residents will have access to the following services and facilities in the Phase I building:
- Guest suites available for short-term rental
- Ample indoor bike parking
- Bright, attractive common areas on all three floors
- Second-floor laundry room with multiple washers and dryers
- Basement activity room and exercise room
- Interior courtyard
The Phase I building has two elevators and all indoor and outdoor common areas fully wheelchair accessible.
Please use the following form to email us with any questions you may have about the project.