Old Grace Housing Co-operative will soon start construction of four three-bedroom townhouses.
The development will be located at the north-west corner of the intersection of Evanson Street and Preston Avenue. It is kitty-corner to the main 60-unit Old Grace Housing Co-operative (built on the site of the original Grace Hospital).
Construction is expected to commence in spring 2018 with occupancy in autumn 2018.
Each townhouse will have:
- a kitchen, living room, and half bathroom on the ground floor
- three bedrooms, storage, and a full bathroom (bathtub with shower) on the second floor
- front porch and second-floor balcony off the master bedroom
- level rear entrance to each suite
All townhouses are designed so that they can be visited by people in wheelchairs.
Each townhouse will be equipped with an electric stove and refrigerator and will be wired and plumbed so laundry equipment and dishwashers can be installed by residents.
Each townhouse unit also comes with:
- Secure, lockable windows and porch doors
- Triple-glazed, low E argon windows with screens
- Porch and balcony doors with glazed window inserts
- High levels of soundproofing between suites
- Individual suite heating and cooling controls
- Nine-foot ceilings in living room, dining area, and kitchen
- Altima kitchen cabinets with plastic laminate countertops
- Water-saving fixtures and fittings
- Low-volatile organic compound (VOC) finishes, products, and materials
- Sustainable design meeting PowerSmart standards
- Professionally designed landscaping
- Pet-friendly, smoke-free environment
- Access to two Peg City Car Co-op vehicles
- Limited on-site parking
There are three main elements of the costs.
- $50 application fee for membership.
- $26,000 for OGHC Member Shares. (Member Shares are refunded when members leave the co-operative.)
- A monthly occupancy charge of approximately $1,254. The occupancy charge covers the co-op’s mortgage, property taxes, building insurance, utility charges (such as electricity, heat, sewer, and water), administration costs, repairs, maintenance, and reserves.
- be a member of Old Grace Housing Co-op
- provide a $1,000 deposit with your application
- have a household size of no fewer than 3 people
- have a 2017 household income below $71,255
- be prepared to arrange financing to pay the full share price before January 15, 2018
All four townhouses are reserved for individuals who meet Manitoba Housing income- and household-size criteria.
Old Grace Housing Co-operative
Townhouse residents will have access to the following services and facilities in the Phase I building:
- Guest suites available for short-term rental
- Ample indoor bike parking
- Bright, attractive common areas on all three floors
- Second-floor laundry room with multiple washers and dryers
- Basement activity room and exercise room
- Interior courtyard
The Phase I building has two elevators and all indoor and outdoor common areas fully wheelchair accessible.
Interested? You can apply for a townhouse by downloading, printing, and submitting this Townhouse Application Form. Please submit the form to:
Old Grace Not-for-profit Housing Co-operative Ltd.
c/o DSI Tandem Co-op Resources Ltd.
Unit 303 – 93 Lombard Avenue,
Winnipeg, MB. R3B 3B1
Applications can be mailed to this address, or dropped off during office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30).
Contact OGHC by email if you cannot print the form or need your application picked up from your home.
Please use the following form to email us with any questions you may have about the project.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]