A brand-new co-op in a grand old neighbourhood
Old Grace Housing Co-operative (OGHC) is a housing co-op in the heart of Winnipeg’s Wolseley neighbourhood.
OGHC consists of a 60-suite complex on the site of the original Grace Hospital at Preston Avenue and Arlington Street in Winnipeg’s Wolseley neighbourhood and four townhouses on the north-west corner of Evanson Street and Preston Avenue.
The co-op's design both reflects the scale and character of the homes in this well-established community and exceeds Canadian standards for environmental sustainability. The co-operative is committed to providing affordable housing, is open to individuals and families, and is pet-friendly and smoke-free.
Click here for information on how to join.
Grand opening for Old Grace
Click here for slideshow.
The speakers were
- Dr. Robert Falcon-Ouellette: Member of Parliament, Winnipeg Centre
- Dwayne Rewniak, Executive Director, Asset Management, Housing Delivery & Land Development, Manitoba Housing, Department of Families
- Councillor Cindy Gilroy: Daniel McIntyre Ward, City of Winnipeg
- Marianne Cerilli: President, Wolseley Residents’ Association
- Frank Wheeler: President, Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada
- Bill Dinsdale: Community Account Manager, Assiniboine Credit Union
- Sandra Hardy: Co-op Project Team Leader and Past-President